Friday, August 19, 2011

More Time Needed!


One question that I'm frequently asked "Where do you find the time to do everything that you do?" I'll be the first one to admit that my plate is usually full at any given time. I have so many things that I would like to do or needs to get done. The list is long and never ending. I don't do a lot of quilting in the summer, due to the temperature in my studio and I have too many outdoor projects that need attention. Our summer months here in Ontario, Canada is about four months long and goes by quickly every year. This summer I finally got the side garden finished. I hauled wheelbarrels full of mulch for what seems like days and I still have a pile left in the lane way. And of course there is the usual grass to cut, weeds to pull, vegetable garden and flower beds to tend to. Painting is almost done. Just have to paint the front steps and the skirting under the front porch before the end of summer. I'll get that done too! I was able to get all of these tasks done between 12 hour shifts and a lot of early mornings before it got too hot (I hate the heat!! Hate humid weather even more!! Perfect summer weather for me is about 26 degrees with a breeze!) I took a few days off from the yard work to have some fun because you can't work all the time. Ya gotta make time for the fun!! A few road trips were in order. One thing I did get accomplished by setting aside some time (I can do this quite easily after coming off a night shift) was put together the above pictured baby quilt for Neil's niece. It's a pattern by "The Pattern Basket" and I used "Lily & Will II" fabric by Rabbit Hill Designs. And of course, the quilting was done by Tammy Spencer who loves anything by Rabbit Hill Design! I used flannel backing since the winters are very cold in Calgary, Alberta. I hope they like it?

Enjoy your summer! Make time for the things that you enjoy doing! I do!! All the time!
Except vacuuming!! I leave that for rainy days.

No comments: