Thursday, August 25, 2011

Madison-Bouckville Antique Festival Part II


One thing that I noticed at the Madison-Bouckville Antique Festival was the vendors selling endless collections of vintage linen. I heart linen! There were vintage pillowcases, tea cloths (you know those tea towels that people bought as souvenirs when travelling or the ones with the calendars on them. Oh you know what I mean and you probably have a few stashed away. Well, they are huge items!!) tablecloths, dresser scarfs, hankies gallore, along with quilts! Raise your hand if you like old quilts. I do especially this one that I spotted in one particular booth. Yoyo's! This quilt contained 7680 yoyo's measure approximately 1 1/4" in diameter. I struck up a conversation with the lady that was selling it. She found it at a Flea Market in Florida. Not only did it contain "7680" yoyo's, it was also heavy to boot! She let me pick up the one side and I cannot imagine sleeping underneath this quilt. I think it was more for display if anything.

Notice the color formation using shirting material. It was the most stunning/intriguing quilt I have ever seen. I wonder how many winters it took to make this one. Each yoyo was then handstitched to the next one. It kind of gave me the idea of making one myself but I'll start with a "doll quilt size" first.


I have more pics to show you from the Festival but in a later post.




No comments: