Friday, August 19, 2011

And Yet Another Road Trip

Growing up, one phrase that I heard my Mom say repeatedly was "Close the refrigerator door!" Okay, that was one of many that she used. One that I had in mind was "If you get the opportunity to do something, you do it cause it may never happen again". I did listen to her and most of the time she was right. Aren't all Mothers? So with this phrase in mind, I headed out the door to the "Madison-Bouckville Antique Festival". Why? (Actually, that's what they asked me at the border when I crossed into the USA). Because it antiques and I love anything old/vintage looking!! The Festival itself is over 20 years old and takes place in the village of Bouckville, NY. Basically its fields, and fields of vendors with set-up tents and you walk around trying to take it all in while carrying a bottle of water cause it was hot!! There was everything that you could possibly imagine. For a day and a half, I walked around and tried to take it all in...


Vintage glass.




Row by row of teacups. Do you feel like you're at a teaparty? Church luncheon?



More dishes.




Everytime you turned a corner, there were more vendors, more stuff! It was heaven on earth!



As I mentioned, there was a bit of everything that you could imagine. Can you give me a hand? All in favour, raise your hand! (That's a knee slapper. Hardy har har!)



Vintage fans...heart it!



Another turn around a corner. I can't keep up to it all. Did I mention it was hot! 30 degrees, walking around fields. Lord have Mercy!




Your grandmother's washing machine!



Horse hid covered cabinets! A perfect gift for that "cowboy" on your Christmas list!


An assortment of "Froggies" used in floral arrangements. They're just really neat to look at let alone use.



Vintage sand pails. The smallest one had a price tag of $95.00. I think mine was left out in the rain a few times. If only I had known the value!



Kitchen utensils.



A moosehead. An antique festival/show would not be the same without at least one of these showing up.


Old wooden building blocks.


As you can see, there was something for everyone. Quilts, linen, furniture gallore, pictures, old frames, dishes, dishes and more dishes. I have lots more to show you in a later post. Stay tuned!


No comments: