Tuesday, March 1, 2011

My Favorite Place!

It will soon be two years that I fixed/completed this corner of the kitchen. Do you recall? There used to be a "butt ugly" bench that I vowed to tear out when I put down a new kitchen floor. However, this "butt ugly" bench was hiding heating duct work and I had to great creative to hide is once and for all. Ringing any bells? Before closing and sealing up the corner, I put a "time capsule" in the wall. Sound familiar? How could you have forgotten? However, what has transpired in that little corner of the kitchen is my favorite place to be in the whole wide world. This little corner of the world now houses a funky chair where I read my daily newspaper, drink coffee/wine (depending on the time of day. Hey, it's wine time some place in the world!!), do some stitching and more reading. Did I mention that it's also in the corner of the kitchen. Right by the refrigerator/cupboards. Another favorite place of mine! Have you not seen my hips and thighs?
This is my world as you see it! Actually, there usually is a struggle between Neil and I of who gets the chair first. I being the gracious host, usually gives in first, most of the time. You see, the chair has a built in foot rest and it's heaven!! So, early in the morning or after a long day of "saving lives and stomping out disease", you will find me here! Wearing my pajamas and reading the daily news. Life is good! I wouldn't have it any other way!

No comments: