Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Winter Woolies

In Ontario, and most of the surrounding areas, we just went through a "deep freeze". Baby it was cold outside! But of course, Neil and I braced the weather and went skiing in Sutton, Quebec. In preparation for the trip, I packed every piece of warm underwear/socks that I own for the - 25 temperature at the bottom of the hill and the - 32 temperature at the top of the hill. We prevailed. We conquered. We almost lost our appendages to frost bite. ("Our assets are frozen" - name that movie). I've come to a whole new appreciation for wool! Don't leave home without it!

On the drive home and warming up my posterior with heated seats, I started planning in my little mind the recent purchased wool kit "Purple Coneflower Penny Rug" from "WoolyLady".

(Do you now understand how my mind wonders from one moment to the next? Don't worry if you don't. Neil still has trouble keeping up! It just works that way. I don't know how or why. It just does. Go with it!)
So the last couple of days, I have been bundled up by the fire and working on my wool penny rug. There is nothing like being at home, hand stitching on a cold winter's day with no place to go and not wanting to leave the house especially at night. I love our Canadian Winters!

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

Love looking at the great hand-work.