Monday, January 3, 2011

New Years Resolution?

Do you make "New Years Resolutions"? I used to. Not anymore! Never been able to keep them for any longer than a week or two. Usually the novelty wears off and then I completely forget about them. Rather than making a "resolution", I prefer "needs improvement" (Sounds like something that was mentioned on my report card along with "keen but talks too much"! Whatever!!) My improvement for 2011...read more books! I have a stack of books that doesn't resemble this pile pictured above but a pile does exist beside my bed. It happens to all of us. We get busy doing other stuff and there doesn't seem to be enough time. Oh sure, I can read before going to bed but this only last about 2 pages and then I'm out for the count. I read a lot starting with the daily newspaper which is part of my morning routine. I live for this moment!
I came up with this great "resolution" of taking time out of my day about a week ago before the New Year actually rang in to sit and enjoy reading again. I'm just about half way through "The Secret Daughter". My plan/goal is to read at least one book a month. I think I can!

Happy New Year and Best Wishes for 2011!

3 comments:

pwl said...

That's a lovely goal, and one I would love to attain myself. Why not add a button to your blog listing the books you've finished in 2011? It's always fascinating to see if my reading interests coincide with anyone else's. Mind you, maybe I should add the same button. LOL

Happy New Year to you!

Dolores said...

Good for you. It's a great way to spend time - reading just for enjoyment. I usually read when one of my favourite authors has a new book out. I do have a 'subway book' that I keep in my purse to pass the time while on the subway - what else?

Chris said...

Great goal. I am a voracious reader and have gotten worse since I got a Kindle. Just another of my many addictions.