Friday, December 17, 2010

"A Round Tuit"...


How many times have we used these phrases? "Oh, when I get a round to it" or "Some of these days..." Too many! All the time! For the past couple of weeks, I have been working on my "round to it" or "someday" list. One thing that I have been doing is getting all of my work done in the morning, you know, vacuuming/laundry/cleaning, and then walking downtown in the afternoon. One of the advantages of living close to downtown Brockville is the use of the walking paths that will lead you along the waterfront and eventually take you from one side of town to the other if you really wanted to. Yesterday, I headed out with the intentions of mailing my Christmas parcels home (done), some window shopping (done). Keep in mind that when you are walking and you do happen to make a purchase, you have to carry it home with you. One thing that has been on my "when I get a round to it" list is to stop in Tait's Bakery for a cup of tea and a Christmas cookie. I had carefully planned out this excursion before leaving home and brought along my IPod and listened to "A Christmas Carol". See Tait's is the perfect place to listen to an old classic by Charles Dickens with the original tin ceilings/counter tops. I love taking in the hustle and bustle of shoppers choosing and buying their bread and baked items. It's the perfect place to people watch which is another favorite past time of mine.

No comments: