Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Help Me Rhonda!

Here's the thing. I'm being totally honest with you. I haven't set one foot in my studio in days, or weeks, or a few months. (Insert gasps/tsk,tsk/horror here!) As well, I haven't set one foot in a fabric shop! (Insert more gasps/tsk,tsk/horror here!) Normally, I like to venture out and check out what is new in our local quilt shops. I just didn't do it! I have a few good reasons why and excuses to throw at you. If you follow my blog, you will have read that my summer was pretty busy with painting/planting/digging/riding my motorcycle (Yes, I have a motorcycle. Why do you ask?) Fall came along and I took full advantage of the weather with more painting and riding my motorcycle, plus I tore up the flooring in the mudroom and stripped the wallpaper. Now that the cold weather is starting to settle in and my bike has been stored away for the winter, I finally found some time to rummage around in my studio. I started pulling fabric out for a class that I'm teaching at Taylor's in the Spring. Looking at the pic above, and asking myself "Do I really need any more fabric"? With sincere honesty, the answer is "No"! It doesn't look like much but the stack of fat quarters is two rows deep. Below these shelves are all my larger cuts for borders/sashing/binding. Neil saw my stash once. I mean only once. He's not allowed in my studio since the incident involving my sewing scissors and a bag of salt that he used my scissors to cut open with. He's lucky to be alive! So, with a new project in mind, I now have found a purpose for about 10 fat quarters!! Only 190 or more to go!

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

Sharon...you're in luck.....Rhonda here! I hear and have read that you've been very busy elsewhere.....I say that's okay...life gets in the way and we need to enjoy that other part of us. As for fabric purchases, that comes in waves...your wave hasn't hit yet.....hehehehehehe
Have fun making your new project!

pwl said...

LOL. In my case, DH used my scissors to open a bag of cat litter. He couldn't figure out why I was so upset - after all - it was plastic, not paper!

Dolores said...

Hopefully you can stick with it and finish - if nothing more pressing comes up to take you from your studio.