Sunday, October 24, 2010

Photoshop? Huh?

What is "Photoshop" you ask? Well, the quick and dirty is Photoshop is a professional image editing software package that can be used by experts and novices alike (like me) to make your pictures look so much better! I got the software for my birthday last year (thank you Neil) and had been fiddling with it but needed more knowledge and skill. So yesterday, I took a course in Ottawa and learned all about pixel dimensions, hues, saturation, lightness and the many tools offered with Photoshop Element (cropping, remove red eye, change skin tones, etc.) Mind you, this was the first level of the course and I have along way to go. It all starts with one step and practise, practise, practise.

Please keep in mind that I'm just beginning when you look at the two pictures above. The first one was shot "straight out of the camera" with no editing. The second picture is after I adjusted the hue, saturation and lightness (New words for everyday conversations.) I wanted the overall picture to look dark and dingy cause it's Halloween. I have so much to learn but looking forward to what I can actually do with some of my pictures.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

If you want to learn more about photoshop, there are plenty of digital scrapbooking sites that will help and have free videos. My favorite is twopeasinabucket.com even tho they are a scrapbooking site, they have all kinds of tutorials on how to use photoshop that will help with your photos.