Friday, September 24, 2010

Seventy Feet




Where have I been? What have I been doing? In between building the "Confetti Cake" quilt, I've been busy painting a picket fence that measures 70 feet in length and consisting of 125 pickets (Please note that I cut out every single picket. Hey, if I can cut fabric then surely cutting cedar planks wouldn't be too much of a challenge). Next the painting. Two coats! I thought I would never see the end! But it's now finished and I'm very pleased with the outcome. It was a mindless job which gave me more than enough time to look/reflect over my life about five or six times. But the best part was being outside and people stopping to have a chat while I painted. I got to meet a few more of my neighbours, the mailman, and a couple of tourists stopped seeking directions to the nearest gas station or restaurant. Of course, Dakoda had to come out a few times to see what all the fuss was about.
Doesn't it feel good to accomplish a big job!! I'll say! I feel great!!

1 comment:

XUE said...

I've always dreamed of a house with a picket fence! You made one awesome picket fence!