Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Cake Anyone?


Ah cake! Can anyone resist a quilting pattern named "Confetti Cake"? Not I! Just mentioning the word cake/tarts/squares grabs my attention quick and fast. (I think that I'm in withdrawal since it has been too hot to turn the oven on for anything especially baking!) This pattern is by "The Pattern Basket" and it has been on my list of "Quilts to Make" for a few years now. So the time has come, plus I needed to come up with a class to teach this coming fall at Taylor's here in Brockville. This pattern requires either a bunch of fat quarters or a "Layer Cake" (more bakery talk!!) I've had a layer cake set aside for another project but decided to use it for this particular quilt. This quilt is kind of, sort of, like building an Irish Chain. There are 20 blocks total and each one is one surprise after another since I have no idea how it's going to turn out. Don't ya just love surprises? I do, everyday of the week.

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

OMG, that block is absolutely beautiful....I love it. I wish I lived near you just to take the class.

The Crazy Suburban Mom said...

Oh wow, that's beautiful - I don't quilt but I sort of visit quilting blogs and live a quilting life vicariously though them :) this one is just beautiful!

Tracy