Wednesday, June 2, 2010

And Yet Another Exchange





Where have I been for the past couple of weeks? It's been busy here...gardening, landscaping, building and a quick trip home to see my Mom, I miss her so. With all the "hustle and bustle" I was still able to put together this little quiltie for an exchange. The top pics are what I did and it was mailed off across "the big lake" to the UK (once again, it's a secret swap and I don't want to spoil the surprise). I can't resist a little "thread painting/playing" on anything!! The bottom pic is what I received in the mail all the way from Australia! (Did you see the movie "Australia" with Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman? Do you recall the scene involving the "bucket of water" and Hugh himself? I know. I know. It's just a movie and has absolutely nothing to do with this swap but I just can't help it! It was a memorable scene!!) Okay back to the exchange...Thanks Mary! I absolutely love it!! It's sweet as can be.

3 comments:

Maria said...

Oh I am so pleased you received your mini swap and like it.

I also received my today from Janet in USA.

I have to agree about the movie Australia as I am lucky enough to live in this beautiful country.

http://maria-lifeontheblock.blogspot.com

Rhonda said...

Great hand-work!

Jennifer said...

So cute. Amazing handiwork..!