Tuesday, May 4, 2010

May 4, 1965














Yep, today is the day! It's my birthday! Let me do the math for you...2010 - 1965 = 45 years. Already? Whatever happened to 42, 43, 44? Time flies when you least expect it!

This is me, 40 years ago sitting on the steps at the back kitchen door on our family farm (How do I know for sure? I counted the candles!) Come to think of it, Mom took pretty much every photo there of us kids whether it was someones birthday or graduation. I recall this cake (does that surprise you!!). It was chocolate with these pretty little pink and yellow flowers. As you can tell from the picture, I was a "proud owner"! A store bought cake! Imagine! I think Mom was busy working in the fields along with Dad. Now, fast forward 40 years later. I would never have believed that I would be sitting at my computer "blogging" about this event. Computer? Blog? A lot has happened in 40 years!

4 comments:

Quilting Queen said...

And a very happy birthday to you...hope you have a wonderful day...

Rhonda said...

Happy Birthday Sharon! 45 is a great age, I was there once...LOL...and it is strange and wonderful the things we've witnessed in our lives. Computers, cell phones, CDs, DVD...I could go on.
Have a great day!!!

joven said...

hi, you have nice blog.. u can view also mine..http://akoniwares.blogspot.com

Tammy in Ontario, Canada said...

I haven't been doing any blogging since christmas so I am trying to catch up. I have read back to Valentines day and love each and every blog post. You write about everything in such an interesting way. Happy Belated Birthday to you. You share you birthday with my youngest niece and my mom's was on the 3rd. This is a busy birthday month for our family! I love the punch needle you did with the left over floss from Neil's mom. I have the tools and will have to have you show me how to use them. Hope you got to enjoy the long weekend but it's nice to see that the weather is still nice for us now that the weekend is over.