Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Out With the Old And In With the New













Do you make New Year Resolutions? I don't. Never have. They never last. You know, be more healthy/lose weight/exercise/reconnect with family & friends etc., etc. Blah, blah, blah! The list can be endless. I have always looked at January as a new year, a new beginning with no mistakes (so far). So while I'm putting away the Christmas decor, I purge at the same time, and some times organize as well. (My paper shredder had a good little workout this morning. Why do I need to keep an electric bill from two years ago?? It's gone!!) With this in mind, my next big task is purging/organizing my studio. My goal is to completely go through my stash and ask myself a very simple question "I am ever going to use this piece/fat quarter of fabric?" Right now my studio it completely out of control (I blame it on the Christmas gifts that I made plus lack of time putting things back into order before starting the next project). And what are my plans for the "rejected/don't need it" fabric? Well my friend Jeanette is a member of "Victoria's Quilts" which is a group of quilters that make quilts for cancer patients. Jeanette has asked me a few times for any unwanted fabric that will be put to good use and brighten someone's day. Ask, and ye shall receive. So with this request in mind, I'm geared up to start liquidating!

Please note: The above picture is definitely not my garbage. I am the "Recycling Queen of the World". Well, maybe not of the world but I do make a conscious effort. Usually my garbage consists of one small, very small bag and an overflowing recycling bin.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Way to go on the recycling!