Thursday, December 31, 2009

Swinging in the New Year

It's December 31st. Last day of 2009. Where did the last 12 months go?
No one has ever been able to answer this question.

What are your plans for New Years Eve? Neil and I will not be doing any
"swing dancing", "cha cha", or "the tango". I myself prefer a quiet, rent a movie, put a fire on, in my pajamas by 6 p.m., and get take out at one of our downtown restaurants, kind of night. Neil wants to party all night, so he says. Fughetaboutit! I'm lucky if I can stay awake past 8:30 p.m. on any given night. Actually, our plans are to go out for dinner with friends (at 5:30 p.m., as early as possible) and walk around downtown Brockville and finish up my window shopping. Tomorrow, I'm putting Neil to work in the kitchen baking pies that we are taking to John & Rachel's for lunch on Saturday. Dakoda's plans? She will be patiently waiting her turn for attention and then we'll take her for a long walk along the river. I wonder if she knows that another year has passed?

Happy New Year!! Best Wishes for 2010!!