Friday, December 18, 2009

Only Seven More!!


It's Friday, December 18th...only seven more big sleeps until Christmas. Are you ready or not? Me? I made a promise to myself about a month or so ago that I was not going to spent the week before Christmas, or even Christmas Eve finishing up gifts. For several years now, I have spent the good part of Christmas Eve stitching down a binding or two and getting to bed late. It's my own fault cause I always seem to put things off or come up with another idea of something that I would like to stitch together for Christmas.
Last year, I made for each of Neil's kids a Christmas stocking. The pattern was simple enough...stripped piecing. But that wasn't good enough. I machine quilted them, then changed the cuff on the stocking. It should have taken me a few hours but I turned the tasked into a "dusk till dawn"! They turned out beautiful and the kids love them!! Christmas shopping? I left this job up to Neil since he is more qualified in this department and has many years of experience! I myself shopped for the little things and I'm pleased to say that I don't have to step one foot into a store until 2010!! Yes!! This thrills me!! However, I will be chained to my studio for the next few days finishing up a couple of gifts. I'll be out soon!!

1 comment:

Gina said...

I'm done aswell. All I need is to buy the fresh fruit and veg next week.

Love and hugs Gina xxx