Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The Bucket List

Everyone has one of these lists. You know, the list of things that you would like to see or do before you "kick the bucket". Neil and I have a "Bucket List" and actually it is almost identical to each others (except for the back country skiing in Montana where the snow is up to your waist...sorry but I'll pass on that one. Neil is the extreme skier, not me!) One thing that is on both of our lists is a trip to New York City. Well, this is what we did this past weekend. We did the trip with "Bruce Wylie's Tour" here in Brockville. Bruce and his wife Ilene have been taking people down to NYC since 1996. They know the city like the back of their hands. It's like having your own personal tour guide for the entire trip!! We left early Friday morning from Brockville, traveled by coach bus to the city and returned late Sunday night. It was a fun filled, fast paced, no time for resting, leave the high heel shoes at home, kind of weekend. Really, there was no time wasted as Bruce runs a "tight ship". I can't even begin to tell you how many miles Neil and I walked but I certainly gave the Saucony running shoes a good workout!! I took a lot of pictures and have chosen a few of my favorites to share with you.






I do know for sure that I can stroke off my "Bucket List" the following: Go to NYC, see Time Square, Macy's Department Store (didn't spend enough time there, must go back on the list), see Ground Zero, ride the Staten Island Ferry and see the Statue of Liberty, see the Christmas tree at Rockefeller Center (they were still decorating it and revealing it on December 2nd, must go back on the list), see a Broadway performance (we saw Memphis), see the Empire State Building and the Chrysler Center, see the Brooklyn bridge and take the tunnel under the Hudson River. Man, did we ever accomplish a lot in three days!!
If you happen to live in the Brockville area, I highly recommend this trip with Bruce!! It exceeded our expectations and we're already talking about returning next year but next time take Tyler & Chelsey with us (we've extended the Bucket List). Many thanks to Bruce & Ilene for showing us a great time in NYC!!

No comments: