Friday, October 9, 2009

Look What I Spotted...


It's Friday afternoon and I have been up for 1 1/2 hrs (came off the night shift this morning). What have I done so far? Read the Ottawa Citizen (I'm addicted to this paper. It gives me a bit of everything that I need to know and since it's Friday...movie reviews!!), consumed a bowl of cereal and topped it off with a coffee. Now I'm waiting for the java to kick in!! Next on the agenda is to check my emails and snoop around the internet.
I also like to check into a few of my favorite blogs. I love to read what other quilters are working on or seeing a pic of their latest find. Then I spotted this pic on www.the-humming-cat.blogspot.com The jelly rolls caught my eye but then I noticed what was underneath the rolls!! It's the miniature quilt that I made for an exchange that took forever (three months to be exact) to travel from Canada to Australia last fall. I was almost certain that it was confiscated since the parcel contained Maple syrup. So there it is!! Put to good use!! This absolutely thrills me to pieces!! Now it's got me thinking...I have enough left over fabric to make a second one! Perhaps a giveaway on my blog?? I'll have to ponder over this one.

2 comments:

The Humming Cat said...

We love this little quilt so much, it spends a large amount of time under the fruit bowl but I mostly use it as a table runner when we have visitors (many many admirers of your work). Did I tell you that I shared the maple syrup with a friend at work who is from Canada? She was so so happy when I took in some pikelets and that tin, lol, I thought she was going to pass out from happiness!!

Sharon said...

Everyone knows that I like to share! I'm very happy to read that your little quilt has come in handy. Now I have to make another one!