Friday, October 30, 2009

A Labour of Love










October was an extremely busy month for all of us...traveling to visit both families for Thanksgiving and aging just a bit. We celebrated two birthdays this month, Chelsey who is now 19-years-old and Neil whom I won't mention his age no matter what you may bribe me with.
Okay, you got it out of me, here's a hint...take my age and add on five years = Neil's age. (He absolutely hates it when I mention this little equation!! But as my mother would say "it's just a number which really doesn't mean a whole lot!! Always listen to your mother!! Sometimes she may know more than you!!) What did Neil get for his birthday? He got a box of 24 fat quarters...batiks to be exact, his favorite! If you ask him, he'll tell you it's the "beginning of a stash waiting to happen"! The plans? I'm building a "Chocolate Bliss" quilt which is an original design by my friend Nellie Holmes http://www.uppercanadaquiltworks.com/ How many quilters have given a gift that will be "completed later"? Please raise your hand. Okay, you are forgiven! I am one of those quilters that enjoys and savors the process of building and creating. Did you know that your 1/4" seams are more accurate if you sew in your pajamas?? It's a well known fact and proven by many of my quilting friends. Come to my house on one of my days off and I will give you a demonstration. In the meantime, I will continue to build Neil's quilt. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Tammy in Ontario, Canada said...

It's going to be very pretty Sharon. Love the colours!