Sunday, September 27, 2009

Pumpkin Time of Year


Have you noticed or did anyone realize that next Thursday is October 1st? (Insert groans, sighs, "please don't remind me" comments here).
I noticed and I absolutely love this time of year! Why? Take a look...
Who cannot resist pumpkins, gourds, squash, apples and anything that resembles Autumn at a road side stand? Soup anyone?

Can't you just picture a basket on the counter with these beauties? It makes my heart sing just thinking about it.
But then I came across these pumpkins!! What are on those pumpkins? Warts or polyps? Are they grown on "Misfit Island"? Does their mother's know? Looks like some growth they picked up from the gourds. One never knows what takes place in a field? But they would make a great conversation starter when your guests arrive cause you invited them over for a bowl of Roasted Butternut Squash soup.


3 comments:

Leah said...

Love those pictures. I love this time of year myself. I wouldn't minds stopping the calendar in October for a few months.

Cindy said...

No groans here. I love fall. It's the most beautiful time of year in Minnesota.

Amberbop said...

These pictures are beautiful. They totally capture a feeling of Fall. I'm so happy I've found your blog!