Friday, September 25, 2009

Best $4.99 Ever Spent!



One thing that I know for sure is that if you are a quilter, then you are a great cook. It just seems to go hand in hand. All of my quilting friends are great
cooks since I have been to their houses for lunch one time or another. But do they own one of these? It's an oven thermometer (not for meat but for your oven). A little known fact about myself...I love to cook!! I read recipes like they were novels. I'm always clipping, saving, organizing and trying out recipes. Neil has no complaints and is more than willing to participate in the taste testing. However, I made the discovery that my oven was too hot!! How hot? It was too hot to handle! I purchased an oven thermometer and put it to the test and lo and behold, my oven is 75 degrees too hot! So, I tested out my new found gadget and made a "Spicy Banana Loaf" for Neil and it turned out perfect!! Just passing on "words of wisdom" from my kitchen to yours.

No comments: