Saturday, August 15, 2009

At My Front Door Cont'd...













As a kid growing up on a farm there were always things to do to keep us busy for long periods of time. This would consist of chores in the barn, working in the fields, or helping out in the garden. Not very often were we left alone. Usually Mom or Dad were close by to supervise. However, once in a while Mom and Dad would venture into town to do a quick errand and would leave us alone with one of my older siblings left in charge. Now keep in mind, it's not that we were destructive children. No, we had other things on our minds. It usually consisted of my two brothers coming up with an idea to build/repair/take apart something or my older sisters would bake something in the kitchen that was perhaps a bit more complicated than the previous recipe that they tried. There were times that Mom and Dad would almost "cringe" with the thoughts of what they might find when they got home. Well, this certainly came to mind when I came home from work the other day. I was on the day shift and left the house at 5:30 a.m. and returned at 8:00 p.m. This is what I came home to!! The day before, the hole that was dug in front of my house was about "man size". Now it has grown to a size that would "ingest a dump truck" You can also tell from the other pic that my neighbours up the street received one as well. The good thing that absolutely no one would be able to drive down the street. Therefore no "summer traffic" which has been nice! It's Saturday morning and we have gotten a break from the construction noise which I give "thanks" to!

1 comment:

Tammy in Ontario, Canada said...

Do you think you might at least get a newly paved driveway out of the deal since they have tore most of it up?