Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Another Quilt in the Works!



A perfect way to get away from the construction noise is to barricade one self to the studio for some serious sewing time! But also I have a deadline to make since this quilt is an upcoming class that I'm teaching at Taylor's here in Brockville. It's called "How Does your Garden Grow". To make a lap sized quilt, it uses a "jelly roll", but cut into strips and then sewn in a "braided" formation.
I'm almost done adding the sashing and then the outside borders need to go on next. Then the best part, off to be quilted by my friend Tammy Spencer. Perhaps I will get this sample done and delivered to the store a week before their Open House and not delivered the day before or the morning of. I'll post the final outcome or if you are local, drop into Taylor's. If you have a moment, check out their website www.taylorsewing.com and have a look at their fall classes and dates of their Open House. You just might see my completed quilt there.

1 comment:

Tammy in Ontario, Canada said...

I like it. Can't wait to see it tonight.