Thursday, June 25, 2009

My Claim to Fame...





Okay, you got it out of me, twisted my arm hard enough to reveal my most sacred/prized recipe of all..."Coconut Raspberry Tarts". This recipe has made me very popular and I'm ready to give it up!
(Actually, my mom gave me this recipe many years ago which was passed on to her from one of our old neighbors).

Take a dozen premade tart shells (Okay, I confess that I cheat!!) and put 1/2 tsp of raspberry jam (actually, I've done strawberry and mixed berry jam which also works well) into tart shells. For the topping, use 1 cup fine coconut, 1 cup of white sugar, 1 egg, 1 tsp butter (plus) 2 tbsp water. Divide mixture evenly into tart shells. Bake slowly at 350 degrees till brown (about 10-12 minutes).

There you have it. It's painfully ridiculous and so easy to whip up!! Everyone thinks that I spent hours slaving over a hot stove. Make up a batch of these tarts and you can pretty much bribe anyone!! (Okay, I've done that too!! All I have to do is wave a few of these babies in front of Paul Taylor of www.taylorsewing.com and I can pretty much get him to hand over the keys to the shop!)

2 comments:

Tammy in Ontario, Canada said...

Thanks for the recipe Sharon. These are indeed yummy and can't wait to make them myself. Thanks again :0)

Rhonda said...

These sound so yummy.....I think I'll run right out and buy the ingredients and bake away. Thanks for sharing the recipe!