Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A Magic Trick!













My good friend Jean Boyd recently put a blurb on her blog
http://www.blogger.com/www.jeanboyduppercanadaquiltworks.blogspot.com about "Texture Magic" from Superior Threads http://www.superiorthreads.com/ I'm a real sucker when it comes to cool quilting products. I was really intrigued by this one. I'll walk you through the steps. I started out by rummaging through my stash and found a fat 1/4 of a really neat fabric that had texture in the design. I then layered the fabric with batting (batting gives the texture extra loft) and then the Texture Magic on the bottom to create a "sandwich". I then stipple quilted the entire piece using one of my recently purchased threads from Superior Threads. Did I mention that I'm addicted to thread? It's true! Thread is in the "gotta have it" & "can't live without it" category. Fabric, wine and chocolate can also be grouped in this category. Where would I be without my addictions! I then flipped the entire piece over, filled my iron up with water and let the steam do the work! The fabric started to pull up during the shrinking process. It kind of reminds me of "smocking" when it was done scrunching. Pretty neat eh!! Too cool for school!

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

Wow Sharon....I've never heard of Texture magic but I'd love to try it. Thanks for the tutorial. Your project turned out great!

Joyce said...

I HAVE to get some of that stuff!!!

Informatii said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.