Monday, June 29, 2009

It Was Good Enough for Dorothy...



The renovations at the front of the house are finally completed. However, the front door needed "something", a "zinger" perhaps to make a statement especially when living on a main street in Brockville, Ontario. Why not red? Ruby red? Dorothy had ruby red slippers in the "Wizard of Oz". They were magical!! But I also thought that it might be too much!! I would be known as the "deranged lady who lives at 385 King Street with the appalling red front door"!! So I compromised and chose a different shade of red. The color is not red, but, pardon me is, "Brandy Wine". I wonder what would happen if I slammed the door three times, and repeated "There's no place like home"

1 comment:

Sharon's Cottage Quilts said...

Your front door looks absolutely lovely!! It's very inviting! Well done!!