Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Bloggers Quilt Festival









I received an invitation to participate in the "Bloggers Quilt Festival" from a fellow blogger. Check out the website http://parkcitygirl.blogspot.com. I love "show n' tell so I'm in!! (Do you recall doing this in grade school?) After combing through my expanding quilt collection, I decided on this one...Sawtooth. I would definitely put this one in the "Never to Be Made Again" category. I made this quilt in November 2003 (I checked the label which is an absolute must when completing a quilt. One would think that you will remember all the details when you make a particular quilt but you know you don't! Heck, I can't even remember where I planted all my tulips from last fall!! It's always a pleasant surprise every spring!) I remember piecing this quilt which seemed to take forever!! I thought I would never see the end. It's stored away in the linen press in my living room. I haven't had a good look at it in several years. It's a gentle reminder of my past quilting experiences.


4 comments:

Ariane said...

I love the quilt. It's beautiful. The colors are gorgeous.

Christa Irell said...

It's beautiful work Sharon and a great choice for this show! Being lucky enough to have seen a number of your quilts in the past, I would have had a hard time choosing!

Amy @ Park City Girl said...

It's beautiful! Glad you got it out to share and reminisce - thanks :)

Michelle said...

This quilt is so stunning. I love how all the colours work so well together.