Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Spring Fling Round Robin #3















Well, here is my sneak peak of my center block for the Spring Fling Round Robin #3. I've gotta tell you something...I was really behind on this one. Not because I kept putting it off. No, I actually started thinking weeks ago and then started building. I put more than a few hours into the process. However, I got frustrated!! Very frustrated!! I started with these little
1 3/8" squares cut diagonally and then attaching them to the background fabric. There were a lot them!! I then squared them up and started sewing them in rows for the center of the block. Okay, not bad I thought when I put them up on my design wall. But when I started sewing the points...nothing matched up!! Absolutely nothing!! As well, the whole thing wouldn't lay flat ggrrrr!! Please refer to picture #2...this is what happened to my countless hours of work! By this time, it was late at night and I do much better with a good nights sleep. So bright and early this morning, I got up and started again. Have a look at the first pic which is only a sneak peak. Now I'm much happier!! I'm off to the post office to send it to the host of the Round Robin. I'll keep you posted.

3 comments:

Jean Boyd said...

Great block design, Sharon! Is this a traditional block or your own creation? Does it have a name?

Jean Boyd

Please visit my Blog
http://jeanboyduppercanadaquiltworks.blogspot.com

Sharon said...

I believe it's named Chris's star. I got it from Quilter's Cache website.

Jean Boyd said...

Quilters' Cache is a great site. Thanks for the link.