Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Something New...



In one of my postcard exchange groups, there was much discussion about Neocolor Watersoluable Crayons used when working with mixed media. I was able to find them online (sorry but with the price of gas, I wasn't going to drive around searching for them). They arrived in the mail yesterday from an art shop in Rochester, New York (I also love getting mail especially parcels). These crayons are made by Caran d'Ache Sa in Switzerland which excites me (where do you think the name "Zurbrigg" comes from). There are many internet links illustrating the use of these crayons which I am looking forward to experimenting with. Basically, you scribble the crayons on to plain fabric and use a wet fan brush to blend the colors which is your background and then do a design using thread painting. Stayed tune for more...