Friday, July 18, 2008

Post Card Exchanges







For the past several months, I have been involved in two Post Card Exchange groups. This new found interest has become an addiction!! How it works is that the groups will post a "theme" and if interested, you sign up for that particular exchange. You then have approximately 4 weeks to design/create a post card and mailed to the other participants who also signed up. I have received post cards from all over the world...United States, United Kingdon and Australia! I would like to share with you a couple of post cards that I have recently received in the mail. The bottom one is from "Any Kitchen Item" made by Diane Pirtle from Gurley, Alabama. I get a chuckle everytime I look at this card. The chef looks very serious and determined! The second card is from Jeanette Walton from Powder Springs, Georgia. The theme was "G is for..." and Jeanette chose "Girlfriends". This card reminds me so much of my sisters and I twirling in our Sunday School dresses as we wait for Dad to come and pick us up. The top card is from Monica Feemster from Granbury, Texas. The theme is "Buttons". Very simple design but the colours are very effective and bright! I love them all!! Now you can see why I am so addicted to these groups. Beats getting a bill in the mail!!

1 comment:

lemonyhead said...

Sharon,
I am so sorry to bother you but I came accross your blog while searching for an old friend of mine. When I goodled her, your blog came up. Her name is Monica Feemster. Would it be to much trouble to ask you to put me in touch with her?
My email is lemonyhead1970@yahoo.com
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Mary Jameson