Tuesday, July 15, 2008

IPM 2008 Quilt Competition Entries





I finally got my quilt entires completed and posted to arrive on time for the upcoming IPM Quilt Competition. This years competition takes place in Teeswater, Ontario which is 40 minutes from the family farm back home. The top pics show "Posey Patch" which is a pattern by Buggy Barn. This quilt is for the "Long Arm Machine Quilted" category for the competition. I've included a pic of the backing of the quilt. Anyone who knows me always flips my quilts over to see what "minature quilt" I incorporated on the backside. Whenever there is a seam in the backing, I always use up leftover fabric to make the backing more interesting. The bottom pic is my 2nd entry for the "Wallhanging" category. This wallhanging took me two days to piece! Lots of fabrics from the stash were used for the construction. Both the quilt and wallhanging were machine quilted by my friend Tammy Spencer, of Johnstown, Ontario. She was able to do an "Overnight Express" job with the wallhanging. I came off the night shift last Friday morning, slept for a few hours then squared the wallhanging up and attached the binding/label/hanging sleeve. My other entry only needed a hanging sleeve. Both were completed, boxed, sealed and mail by 5 p.m. from Brockville. Nothing like working under pressure!!





1 comment:

Rose Marie said...

What great quilts for the IPM show. I've never been to one before; but should do so one of these years. I like what you do with your quilt backs .... it is nice to have a trademark for folks to look out for.