Thursday, June 19, 2008

Head Examined

I sometimes get carried away with too many committments or projects on the go. At times I get in over my head and it becomes overwhelming especially when I work full-time. I recently submitted my quilt entries for the upcoming IPM 2008 which is being held in Teeswater, Ontario. One of my entries is an "Ohio Star" using Civil War reproduction prints. I have had this in mind for several months but came to realize that I left it too long. The quilt has to be completed and in the mail to Ripley, Ontario by July 15th. This particular quilt consists of 165,
3 1/2" x 3 1/2" blocks (I only have five blocks done). I thought, "Okay, I think I can do this!" But it would mean I would have to sew madly for the next three weeks, and every spare moment to have the quilt completed. It was causing me great stress and as Neil mentioned to me, "I thought you quilted for fun!". No, stressing myself out isn't fun. So why would I do this? Needless to say, after examining my head, I decided that I have another quilt to put in the competition that is already completed and one that I'm quite proud of and there is no stress involved.